Excellent example of old lookout towers and clustered Pallares still traditional in its structure. Located at 1300 meters above the ground, the people can be excellent hiking in the woods.
In 1066, first appears in documents called Tornafort a result of a convinence made between the Earl of Artau I culd that defined the castle of Count Raymond V Pallars Jussà.
In Tornafort is discussed in several papers from the eleventh century. This town has always been dependent county house and part of a region where the viscounts of Vilamur-governing their jurisdiction along the possessions that depended on their Urgell. However, the house next Malmercat of one of the most powerful families of the time Pallars should spread their domains, several times, none of the term of castellany Tornafort.
In the thirteenth century the name appears for the first time the keeper of Tornafort.
In the sixteenth century, specifically on 25 February 1504, the Duke of Cardona sent a letter to Carlos Tornafort with the order that “… the strength … either well guarded.”
In the seventeenth century, thanks to the description of the Marquis de Pallars and viscountcy Vilamur made by Timbau Onofre, we know that in 1628 Tornafort part of the Marquis de Pallars and viscountcy Vilamur, which has all the civil and criminal jurisdiction on its inhabitants. There are 10 homes governed by a mayor and a judge.
The 1639 is still called the castellany Tornafort of a legal document where the governor of the Duke of Cardona, Luis de Gomar, presented their arguments in front Madalena Copons lady Malmercat order to enforce the rights of the Duke on the castellany in the context of numerous lawsuits that faced both dominions. The meeting was held in the game called the wells within the term Tornafort.
In the eighteenth century, when the castle now only be a distant memory and its traces remained buried under new buildings, the viscount of Vilamur went to join the Marquis judicial institutions which, in turn, is part of a upper structure, royal or state, first called “sotsvegueria Pallars” and then “Barragan Talarn.”
Tornafort to modernity (XIX, XX). Around 1850 people, like all of the borough and all Soriguera Pallars almost reached its maximum population. However the crisis model of subsistence farming (1870-1910) was a stagnation of the population in mountain areas was felt that the nuclei of the valley and at the same Tornafort. This period is also marked by a number of years of bad weather, especially in the late nineteenth century, and the negative effects of trade saw the arrival of phylloxera in the Tremp Basin, which would result in Mountain culd nuclei. This situation led to economic crisis effects on migratory first seasonal and later definitive to Barcelona and big cities.
Despite the crisis, modernization was imposed, mainly in infrastructure and equipment. The gradual transformation of the structures faced cattle to cow milk production was based in large part of the towns economy as Tornafort. The Civil War (1936-1939) hit the town in many ways. That settles less two fronts and the residents had to be evacuated, was reflected in the urban fabric in various ways.
In 1979 the residents of Tornafort ask the council and the Government to be a Municipal Entity Minor, but procedures are unresolved. In 1999, twenty years after the villagers had requested constituted in Lower Bank, will resume the process. In July 2004 the Government approved the establishment of the Municipal Entity Decentralized Tornafort
Information : http://ow.ly/of2zG http://ow.ly/of2AO