Free time to worry about the stress that we live in our day to day. A good way to distract yourself is fishing, a relaxing and, at the same time, fun activity. It is a very appealing sport at this time of year since, in rivers such as the Noguera Pallaresa, the water falls and becomes completely clear, which allows us to search better.
Types of fishing and materials
Going fishing for the first time is usually quite messy, there are thousands of materials and ways to carry out this activity. That is why, below, we leave you a list with what is necessary to enter this world.
In order to be able to capture a fish we will need the following objects:
- A fishing rod. There are different varieties and each of them has its own advantages, everything will depend on personal taste.
- Hooks . For fresh water it is good to have crickets, grasshoppers or earthworms on hand.
- The counterweights . They serve to throw the bait and sink it to the bottom since many of the fish usually swim in the depth.
- Finally, we must carry the buoys , they keep the bait firmly in place and so they do not scare the fish.
Modalities in fresh water:
There are many ways to fish. The most recommended for fresh water are the following:
- Fly fishing is ideal for catching salmonids. The basis of this type is the use of flies as baits. The goal is to attract the fish in a natural way.
- The Bolognese modality seeks to attract the fish towards the fisherman through groundbait, which will serve as bait due to its strong smell.
- The return of the water is a very popular fishing in fresh water due to the environmental awareness that it entails. The catch and release of fish predominates because many do it for the love of fishing and not for the subsequent capture of fish.
Tips for going fishing
Fishing is a sport that requires a lot of patience. So, at the Hotel de les Brases we want to make the task easier, so below, we leave you with five very useful tips that will help you this summer if you go fishing.
- The time we go favors achieving our goal. Although today it is not known what is the best time of day to fish, there are more likely to catch fish with the absence of light and noise. Therefore, the best chance of getting one will vary from early morning to 9:30 in the morning.
- The Noguera river area is full of ideal places to fish. So we leave you below a useful fishing map depending on the section.
- We must not forget our fishing permit, without it we will not be able to carry out the activity.
- The best months to go out vary from July to September. The water is low and the good weather accompanies the fish biting more.
- It is advisable to rest early to be able to be strong the next day. Our hotel is very close to the river and is ideal for falling asleep before a hard day of fishing.
Patience, dedication and observation make a good fisherman. You do not need great knowledge to enjoy this sport. Ultimately, it is an activity to relax and connect with nature.