Perhaps you are one of those who think that to ski you only need a coat, skis and ski poles... in that case this guide to ski equipment for beginners will be very useful to avoid inconveniences and unforeseen events when you are in the snowy mountains.
If you really want to enjoy the snow at any of the SkyPallars stations, which are Espot, Port Ainé or Tavascan , among the beautiful and incomparable landscapes that are framed between the Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici National Park and the Alt Pirineu, follow the advice below.
What clothes will I need to ski comfortably?
- You will need ski pants or ski overalls.
- Three layers on top: a thin thermal top as the first layer, a fleece as the second, and a waterproof (and hooded) snow coat as the third and final layer.
- A neck brace. Waterproof snow gloves.
- Comfortable high socks. Snow cap (if not wearing a helmet).
- Sunglasses and blizzard (that protect your eyes from the light reflected by the snow, which can be up to 80%, and from inclement weather).
What other materials may I need?
We always recommend skiing with a small comfortable backpack in which you can put objects necessary for your safety and protection, such as:
- Sun cream (high protection factor).
- Lip balm.
- Mobile with GPS and well charged battery.
- Personal documents in case you need medical assistance.
Then, depending on whether you decide to snowboard or ski, you will need:
- SNOWBOARD : Snowboard boots suitable for the size of your feet and board.
- SKIING : Ski boots appropriate to your number, skis and ski poles.
In both cases we recommend wearing a helmet, although it is not mandatory.
I want you to help me with my vacation in the snow. Who do I call?
At the Hotel Les Brases we advise you and help you with your holidays in the snow, not only with regard to renting equipment, but also on other frequent excursions in the winter months, such as snowshoe outings, among others. activities.
You can call our phone to consult conditions and prices: 973 621 071